What Is Coaching
You may be good. You may even be better than everyone else.
But without outside input you will never be as good as you could be.”
~Andy Stanley, Next Generation Leader~
Coaching is an ongoing, intentional conversation between coach and client that empowers a person to fully live his or her passion, purpose and potential. Coaching is about YOU. Your goals, your discovery, your growth, and your actions to move you toward your desired outcome is the focus of each session. Coaching focuses on the present with vision for what can be. As your coach, I am here to listen, facilitate, challenge, equip, encourage and support you.
The reasons people seek a life coach are as endless and as unique as the individual. Here are some examples of what motivates people to pursue coaching:
- To discover life passions. What are your strengths, abilities, personality characteristics, gifts, interests and desires and how do these fit together to lead/guide you in what you do?
- To implement life changes. Are there areas physically, emotionally or relationally where improvement is needed? Habits that need to stop? Disciplines that need to be developed?
- To set realistic goals. Where do you need help determining clear, attainable, and measurable goals?
- To grow spiritually. How do you mature spiritually and what impact will this have in all areas of life?
- To improve relationships. What relationships need changes in communication, boundaries, or emotional health?
- To have greater impact in spheres of influence. How can you effectively lead, serve or build up those you with whom you do life?
- To become a more influential leader. What characteristics do you need to develop to affect others in meaningful, life-changing ways?
- To simplify life. What commitments in your life need to change? How do you know what is most important right now?
- To reduce stress. What is draining you and how do you alleviate or manage burdens?
- To maximize life transitions. In the midst of a move, a new career, a loss, or a new season of life, how do you adjust and grow?
- To maintain balance in life. How do you manage your roles and responsibilities and make room for personal and relational growth?
You’ve been given one life. How do you want to live it?